Monday, August 8, 2011

Meet Hibiscusdays (contest!)

Hubby and I went on an awesome adventure this weekend, exploring the Ape Caves just south of Mount Saint Helens. It was a great, impulisve little trip, but that means that this week's featured shop is up just a few days late. I'm pretty sure you are all going to forgive me, though, because we have a wonderful prize for you this week! I'm actually really jealous that I can't win it myself. 

Filagree Rose Necklace (on sale!)

But first, get to know Jodie, the mind behind the Hibiscusdays shop on Etsy! The Hibiscusdays shop was created in July 2010 shortly after Jodie found out she was pregnant. She knew she wanted to be a stay at home mom, so she needed to find a way to work from home. After learning about Etsy, she knew how she could make her dream to stay at home with her child a reality.

Monogram Bracelet, one of Jodie's favorite items,
a popular choice for a bridesmaid's gift.


Now Jodie's daughter, Annabelle, is seven months old, and Jodie's Etsy shop is packed full of beautiful handmade jewelry that she describes as "modern pretty."

A lot of Jodie's jewelry is inspired by nature. She lives in Hawaii, and you can definitely see the island influence in many of her pieces.

Dusky Rose Dahlia Flower and Branch Lariat

Hawaii wasn't always her home, though. Originally from Scotland, Jodie decided to travel a year after finishing her undergraduate studies at University in Scotland. She ended up in Hawaii, where she met her husband. After spending the rest of her year in Hawaii with him, she went back home to Scotland when her visa expired. 

After keeping up a long distance relationship, her future hubby came to visit in Scotland, and proposed  before he left. Jodie moved to Hawaii with him, where he is stationed in the Navy. How romantic!

Lightweight Tree Dangle Earrings (on sale!)

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about that prize I promised you. Jodie has very kindly offered her Birdie sterling silver lariat necklace to one lucky Live, Love, Etsy reader. All you have to do to win is leave a comment below with your name, email or Twitter (to contact the winner), and your favorite item in the Hibiscusdays store. Head over to the shop now to find your favorite and leave a comment to win!

Enter to win this adorable Birdie sterling silver lariat from Hibiscusdays!

The contest will end at 12:00 p.m. PST this Friday, so hurry my dears!

8 comments:

  1. I love the Love Birds! http://www.etsy.com/listing/70108031/love-birds-sterling-silver
    Everything in this shop is amazing!! I will definitely be coming back soon.

    Lauren LaLuzerne
    llaluzerne@ufl.edu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica
    monica.andrade@live.ca
    @MonicaReallyArt

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/73046905/emerald-isle-14k-gold-filled-necklace

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously darling! Such sweet things! :)
    I would wear any of that jewelry everyday. Lightweight, easy wearing and ridiculous adorable.
    Sarah
    silkj@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girrrl, you got my info.

    Anyways, the simple blue swallow necklace is my favorite item. Just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dainty jewelry is my favorite! "Put a bird on it!"

    ajsteve2@mail.usf.edu

    @loisSlain

    This is my fav: http://www.etsy.com/listing/70684589/lotus-and-blue-drop

    This is my favorite store, and great prices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of it! And I think I love this best: http://www.etsy.com/listing/54971263/simple-blue-swallow

    My twitter is @essential_emily :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog Kels! Keep it up! I love the layout and it's a great concept! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything. Each item is lovely and simple. My fav is the dahlia flower necklace. :)

    Amber
    magma.bebe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete